Schools must use the funding to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of PE and sport they offer.
This means that you should use the premium to:
• Develop or add to the PE and sport activities that your school already offers.
• Make improvements now that will benefit pupils joining the school in future years.
For example, you can use your funding to:
• Hire qualified sports coaches to work with or alongside your teachers.
• Provide existing staff with training or resources to help them teach PE and sport more effectively.
• Introduce new sports or activities and encourage more pupils to take up sport.
• Support and involve the least active children by running or extending school sports clubs, holiday clubs and Change4Life clubs.
• Run sport competitions or take part.
• Increase pupils’ participation in the School Games creating a pathway for the London Youth Games.
• Run sports activities with other schools or companies.